Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Pre-Game


So it's Wednesday, November 25, 2009.

The day before Thanksgiving.

Surprisingly, I don't have a whole hell of a lot to say today. Tomorrow I will be having dinner with Tara... We're both solo for the holiday this year. Conveniently, we get along fairly well and just live a couple of blocks from one another, so it was a no-brainer once we discovered that we were both solo. At this moment, there is a fresh turkey brining in my refrigerator, Ms. Tara is making a pie or two, (Aunt Hattie's Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie... I never met her Aunt Hattie, but I'm guessing I would have liked her if her taste in pies is any indication) and I will take over her kitchen tomorrow to make my crowd-favorite cornbread stuffing. If you've never had my stuffing, you have NO IDEA what you're missing... It was my grandmother's recipe, and I was the only one in my family she gave it to before she passed on from this plane of existence.

People have died, thrones have been lost, and countries have gone to war in an attempt to get her recipe, and I am the only living human who knows it...

KNEEL BEFORE ME FOOLISH MORTALS! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

...

Sorry.

Misplaced can be megalomaniacal where stuffing is concerned.

Since I am involved in Thanksgiving pre-game on my end, (yes, I am drinking a concoction of cranberry/pomegranate juice, vodka, tequila, and a splash of triple sec this very moment) I'm cutting today's entry very short.

I will however leave you with a couple of scenes from one of the best Holiday Specials ever produced: A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. This is the clip featuring Snoopy's battle with the lawn chair, and of course has the late, great Vince Guaraldi's "Little Birdie" in the background.



Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone, and remember my brothers in arms in Afghanistan and Iraq on this holiday.

I'll try to do another short entry tomorrow. If not, I'll see you Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment