Friday, August 20, 2010

The Truth IS Out There

I had something else planned for today, then yesterday my friend Paul posted what follows on Facebook. After I read it, I knew I had to shelve what I had planned for today until next week.

For today, I leave you in Paul's capable hands:

I am a conspiracy theorist.

That's not a label I gave myself. My parents named me when I was born. The media, politicians, and political "scientists" named my political views when they discovered them and needed a box to fit them in. I am not supposed to call myself a conspiracy theorist. Labels are used to attack your opponents with. Pro-life becomes anti-choice. Pro-choice becomes anti-life. Truther becomes conspiracy theorist. I do not care.

I am a conspiracy theorist.

You do not see me on TV as a political commentator. You do not see my opinion in a column in the newspaper.You don't find me in your local university. I do not have political representation in my government, along with millions of others who do not vote. Politicians, journalists, activists and scientists are afraid of being associated with me. When they are, their funding is with drawn,they are no longer invited on TV, their papers are not accepted for peer review, and their careers are ended. Politicians take great care to distance themselves from me. I do not care.

I am a conspiracy theorist.

When 9/11 happened I did not rally behind Bush. I did not want a War on Terror. I did not buy their story. I blamed the CIA, I blamed the neo-cons, I blamed the Mossad, I blamed shape-shifting reptilian aliens that secretly control our politicians. And nobody got hurt when I did. Nobody went to bed hungry, nobody had his house destroyed, nobody's children were killed, nobody had his face disfigured, nobody had his arms ripped of, no child became an orphan and no mother gave birth to a deformed child when I refused to believe it.

I am a conspiracy theorist.

Please do not call me a liberal. That would be very insulting. I do not want to be associated with those people. I never rallied behind a man that bombed a country with cluster bombs and Depleted Uranium for a genocide that did not happen. I did not vote for a man who bombed medicine factories in Sudan, who imposed sanctions on a 3rd world country that killed 500,000 children, and I certainly did not want more troops to be sent to Afghanistan.

I am a conspiracy theorist.

Please do not call me a conservative. That would be very insulting. I do not want to be associated with those people. I never rallied behind a man that gave Iraq the go-ahead to invade Kuwait and then stabbed the nation in the back and began a decades long campaign to destroy it. I never rallied behind his son who invaded two innocent nations based on lies.

I am a conspiracy theorist.

I have all sorts of crazy theories that you never believed. Global warming being a fraud. The Trade Centers dropping in their own footprint because of jet fuel and Building 7? What the hell happened to building 7? Depleted uranium causing a genocidal death toll in Iraq. Vitamin C curing cancer and heart disease, cannabis being helpful for your health instead of harmful. Pharmaceutical drugs being worthless for their intended purpose, side effects causing more harm than good and studies done into them being frauds. Our own politicians secretly building a world government. Our president sacrificing our national sovereignty and dropping our borders to a tide of illegal workers who will destroy the infrastructure of our working class. Secret yearly meetings in 4 and 5 star hotels determining the path of our planet. When ever I'm shown to be right, you take my theories away from me. They're no longer conspiracy theories. In fact, they never were. You deny they were ever even mine. Go ahead and pretend they were yours all along if you want, just make yourself useful for once.

I do not care.

I am a conspiracy theorist.

I am not half as embarrassed by the shape-shifting reptiles in Buckingham palace, mind control chemicals in the air and drinking water and the Sasquatch in my backyard as you should be by the children going to bed hungry, men having their wives ripped apart and infants being born with bulging tumors where their eyes should have been. When your children see what world they inherited they'll come to you. When the people whose families you felt had to be killed, for your safety under the motto of collateral damage come to you, you'll have to defend yourself. My conspiracy theories were their common knowledge and my conspiracy theories are your children's new reality. I hope you'll have an explanation ready. My explanation can befound all around the internet. If I were to run for office it would make me unelectable. However if your children or the victims of your lust for revenge were to come to me, it would take me 5 seconds to log in and show them what I tried to tell you, year after year.

I am a conspiracy theorist.

And it makes me more proud every day.
Copyright 2010 Paul Markham - All Rights Reserved

Right on Brother... Right On.


No comments:

Post a Comment